Have you ever thought . . .
- I don't look the part
- I don't have the qualifications
- I can't do art/maths/music/lead people/ train/ make a presentation
- I am not that type of person
- I don't ever get considered for those opportunities
- I don't have the time
- I need to be perfect
Or maybe you blame others
- I haven't received the training
- My boss doesn't like me
- My colleague doesn't do it so why should I ?
Or you don't accept or ask for help and struggle alone stoically
Behaviours like these can result in procrastination or maybe you turn to drink, food, on-line shopping or drugs to run away from the problem or emotions
But stop a moment and think
❓'How does this behaviour/thought stop me from getting the results I want ?'
Then flip it.
Instead of believing those negative thoughts think
'What do I want to believe instead ?'
Instead of saying you don't know enough say
❓ 'What do I need to learn to help me in my goals?'
Instead of blaming others think
❓'What can I do to improve the situation?'
Instead of reaching out for the glass of wine or the cigarette consider
❓'What can I do now that would help my well-being?'
Don't believe the negative self-talk, use failure to learn and say yes to getting all the support you need.